Cost Effective & Multipurpose Products – Spray Foam Insulation
American Fireproofing Inc. (AFI) is looking to the future with all of the exciting possibilities spray foam fireproofing has to offer when it comes to commercial and industrial construction projects.
We asked AFI Spray Foam Estimator, John King, “why does AFI offer spray foam products?” His response, “it’s simply an amazing product! Spray foam solves the problems that can’t be solved with other insulation materials.” John continues, “Spray foam insulation doesn’t need fasteners, it will conform to any shape and creates an air tight seal around exterior attachments giving greater flexibility to the design of any project.”
Major key benefits of Spray Foam Insulation:
- High R-value
- Closed Cell R-Value is 6.8 to 7.5 per 25.4mm (1 inch)
- Water Vapor and Water Resistive Barrier
- Closed Cell resists water absorption and moisture transfer which means less possible chance of mold growth
- Closed Cell can be used as a Class II Vapor Barrier and minimize water and moisture transfer.
- Dual air barrier and insulation
- Closed Cell can be used as a continuous exterior insulation and air barrier all in one.
- Insulates blind cavities
- Open Cell can be sprayed in blind cavities such as tube steel
- Sound dampening qualities
- Open Cell can be used as an excellent sound barrier.
AFI predicts the majority of future insulation projects will take advantage of closed cell insulation. Due to its higher R-value and ability to impede air and water vapor to move from conditioned to unconditioned spaces.
New formulas with low GWP will have less impact on the environment and allow for a greener build. New formulas have a lower VOC which allows trades to reenter works spaces faster to improve production, overall helping our air quality and environment.
How Spray Foam Helps the Client’s Budget
As a general contractor, saving time & money is always a plus. By implementing spray foam insulation products, the projects milestones could be reached ahead of schedule due to using one product that can achieve multiple goals
Spray Foam insulation saves wear and tear on your HVAC systems, allowing for a comfortable conditioned space. Studies show that building insulate with spray foam insulation are 30% – 50% more efficient that structures built to minimum code requirements.