Job Title: Construction Field Superintendent
American Fireproofing Inc. is seeking an experienced Field Superintendent with strong knowledge of the Design-Build Process, field coordination, commercial & industrial construction, mechanical systems, and a willingness to travel.
The Field Superintendent will be expected to perform the following functions: onsite management of projects ranging in size from $500,000 to $5 million, from the permit process through construction and final inspection. Other responsibilities include coordination with other contractors, project scheduling, and inspection of work in progress, and job site safety. This position is responsible for providing overall administration, management and technical direction for commercial construction ensuring the project is constructed safely and in accordance with contract documents, design, budget, schedule and in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. Applicants are required to have OSHA 10 certification or higher, a valid driver’s license, willing to undergo a background check, and must be committed to travel for extended periods of time.
American Fireproofing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex of the job applicant.
Download the application and fill it out. Once completed please upload it to the form on the right side of this page.
- Willing to travel
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of project records including requests for information (RFIs), daily reports, time sheets, etc.
- Responsible for all safety aspects on an assigned project including OSHA requirements, promoting and encouraging safe work practices, immediate correction of job site hazards, site inspections and safety audits.
- Maintain a high level of quality with general contractors and our workforce during construction.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all company equipment and tools utilized.
- Promote and maintain the American Fireproofing, Inc. reputation for quality and integrity in all relationships with customers, contractors, employees and the general public.
- Familiar with Commercial Fireproofing a plus
- Plan and schedule project timelines with Project Manager
- Develop and maintain reports on Construction activity and keep management informed of progress on a regular basis
- Review project documents to determine time frame, means & methods, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Receiving and checking in of deliveries
- Coordinate compliance with all relevant governmental and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain a safe and organized job site
A thorough knowledge of construction techniques with the ability to sequence and coordinate the activities of other contractors on site through meetings and correspondence.
- The ability to understand and follow plans and specifications while controlling costs and adhering to progress schedules.
- The capacity to direct and order materials for self-performance work in the fireproofing field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Field Superintendent construction experience a plus
- Proficient with computer software used in the construction industry such as The Edge Software, On-Screen, Sage
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- – Competitive pay
- – All PPE provided
- – Paid Holidays
- – Paid Time Off (PTO)
- – Insurance Benefits & 401k